Paul: Describe Paul’s background history, origins, and upbringing.
Read the assigned readings from the textbooks:
“The Epistles Of Paul” – Lutheran Bible Commentary (LBC) pgs 411-413 (
Galatians” – LBC pgs 499-515
Answer the following questions from the assigned readings in the Lutheran Bible Companion. These questions come straight from the readings so be sure to base your answers on the reading but put them into your own words.
1. Describe Paul’s background history, origins, and upbringing.
2. Explain how Paul went from being a Christian persecutor to a Christian preacher and author.
3. Describe the importance of Paul’s letters to the development of Christianity and how Paul’s writings made their way into the Christian church.
4. Who were the Judaizers and why was Paul so concerned about them in his letter to the Galatians?
5. Explain the “three-pronged” attack that the Judaizers used against Paul.
6. What specific doctrines are outlined in the book of Galatians?